Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Samsung TX-R2779H Slimfit HDTV issue    

stevehatpa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Samsung TX-R2779H Slimfit HDTV issue Reply with quote

We have a Samsung 30-inch slimfit hdtv (Samsung TX-R2779H) that we bought right before all of the LCD tvs came out a few years ago. The female coax cable receptor for the cable signal broke off in the back of the tv set. I proceeded to take off the back frame/cover of the tv and found that there is a part called a "Module-rf splitter", which takes takes the cable and/or antenna signal and sends it somewhere into the tv. I detached the end of the "Module-rf splitter" that gets the signal further into the unit, and there appeared to be nothing else it's attached to. So I tried taking it out of the tv, but cannot. The bottom of the splitter appears to be attached to a hard cardboard-like material. I was going to try and pry it out with a screwdriver, but I don't want to break anything. Any thoughts as to how I can get that out?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Steve
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's on the other side of the "cardboard-like material"?

Not Cheap, Sorry no picture, but part number MAY match. (I Only reference for purposes of this discussion. I will say this is one possible source).
http://www.partstore.com/Part/Samsung/Samsung/TXR2779HXXAA/Samsung/Samsung/AA5900305A/New.aspx
stevehatpa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for trying to help. Attempting to save money during these times gets a little tricky.

Yes, I already have the part shipping, but I guess my problem is figuring if i'll break anything if I pry it off the "cardboard" base. I can't tell if it's soldered, attached to any vital circuit, or just tightly fastened to the board itself. Again, it appears that the splitter has one wire that leads to the rest of the TV, so I'm thinking that maybe I could just pry it loose from the base.

Do you or anyone else have any advice as to whether I can just pry it out?
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing the cardboard you are talking about is the printed circuit board. I would assume it is soldered to the other side of that board. prying it out would be very damaging.

If you could post a picture, that would be most helpful.
stevehatpa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.

I'll try to get a picture of it this evening.

-Steve
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com