Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Samsung UA55D6600 distorted image and cropped image    

f1recracker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Samsung UA55D6600 distorted image and cropped image Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

We have a Samsung UA55D6600 LED TV. One day my dad was cleaning the TV and powered it down to wipe the display with a moist cloth. After cleaning it he powered it on, but there were white vertical lines ( that resembled the image when the TCon board was disconnected).

A few hours later we got image without doing anything, but this time we had two other problems -

1. The middle part of the screen looked like it had a massive burn and has massive image distortion.
2. The left segment of the TV has no image, just a white image. From what I can tell, this portion is backlit as well but is being cropped out for some reason.

I have attached an album with images highlighting the problems here.

Please advice if this can be fixed at home. The local Samsung service center has refused to help and buying a new TV is not feasible.

Thanks guys!
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF you can find a replacement panel - at a reasonable price - have at it. Otherwise replace the TV, attach a protective/sacrificial glass or plexiglass screen to absorb or satisfy any cleaning urges.
f1recracker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the panel's dead? Not sure if I can find a replacement panel for cheap because I would have to ship one from china and that would be expensive. Is there a possibility that the TCon board or something else is messed up? The reason being that the boot screen doesn't have any visible burn. I could be able to get one of those for cheap but if they are alright I might just have to buy a new TV.
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When water/cleaner drips down on onto the bottom edge of the LCD panel, it shorts out the very small circuit traces. They typically burn off the traces as they short, like the inside of a fuse.

There's no way to repair it without replacing the panel, which is cost prohibitive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com