Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Samsung UE32F5000 - not powering on    

Furniss11

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject: Samsung UE32F5000 - not powering on Reply with quote

Hi

I have a samsung UE32F5000 and it has stopped working.

It was working completely fine then i turned it on last week and not long after it switched itself off. I tried to turn this back on but it is not turning on at all. When putting the power cable back into the tv the led flashes 7 times and then the red light disappears.

Took it to a repair shop and they say this will cost 85 to fix as it needs a new backlight and drive circuit.

Im not completely aware of what a drive circuit is but find it quite odd its needs a backlight as these usually gradually break, with darker areas on screen and as far as i know doesnt relate to a TV not powering on.

Could anyone answer the following please?

Do the parts that need replacing sound correct?
If so, is it a fair price?
How easy/difficult would this be to do myself?

Many Thanks
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Im not completely aware of what a drive circuit is but find it quite odd its needs a backlight as these usually gradually break, with darker areas on screen and as far as i know doesnt relate to a TV not powering on.

Perhaps you're recalling CCFL back lights? Unfortunately, your set in question uses LED diodes to accomplish the same function. Also a set will usually remain playing sound and video can be discerned with a flashlight if LEDs were causing. Many Samsungs LED TVs are designed that if the multi-pin connector between the Main and power supply board is unplugged, the backlight LED will come on and stay on as default.

Since set is not turning on at all (with exception of 7 flash) I'd doubt that is cause of your problem.
Furniss11

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.

What would you suggest the issue is with the tv?
JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't access service literature for your TV, so start with good visual exam looking for anything amiss, check connectors for hopefully labeled terminals and confirm labeled enabling pins and voltages.

Board PART numbers or a chassis number may help.
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I currently have a UN32F5500 that basically has LED light issues. If one of the LEDs burns out, the screen is dark. It's like Christmas lights from the 50s before they were smart enough to not do that.

There's also some weirdness with it hitting a stupid state if it expects an hdmi input, but can't find one.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com