Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Samsung ue32F5505 /F5500/F5000 - No picture, bl and sound on    

wazer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:28 am    Post subject: Samsung ue32F5505 /F5500/F5000 - No picture, bl and sound on Reply with quote

I have this TV Samsung ue32F5505, it's about 2 years old and is only used maybe 2-4 hours at night, tv location is in the bedroom so its hardly used considered its only sometimes its on in the day/night.

My issue:

I was watching TV in the bed since I wanted to take a nap, felt a sleep(I have timer on to shutdown after max 4 hours)

After a few hours i woke up and tv was still on, however there was no picture on it, only backlight, the sound was also playing.

I quickly reacted, shut down the TV, unplugging the power checking for lose connections etc, the defaults things you want to do.

Quickly started to search google, found out that I could try reset the tv via the remote control, figured out the combo and waited for the TV to auto shutdown, start it up and bam i had the "welcome 1st sound/setup from samsung" however no picture still, backlight/sound on.

So kept on looking and found videos from jimmy shop on youtube(website seems to be down/blocked for me in Denmark?) how to proceed with my issue.

They suggested if I have backlight and sound, change TCON so i ordered TCON from ebay, got it home and same result. Then ordered a mainboard, got it home and same result, however at the very first time i started up the TV it was white and blinking just once and then it vent to backlight enabled and sound without picture.

I already did the flashlight trick before ordering items, since I did know about this trick for some years ago.

So 2 pieces changed and tried with original hardware different combos, same result.

So now to the question, what is left for me to change I assume is the Power supply board(bn44-00605a)? Could this fix it?

I kinda where stupid enough just to order those items without checking with a volt meter on each item, A) I don't own one, B) Never used one, C) No friends live near that works as Electrician.

And If I ever was so lucky that the Power supply board fried the tcon/mainboard is very likely even when sound is still on? I have checked all caps, none of them is leaking or shows sign of popped/damage, also i used my nose to smell close to each place on the prints, and the only place where i kinda could smell something(electrician smell?) close to those areas.

Also if you carefully look the picture and look the big solders on left, my solders are kinda more silver and part brownISH? is that a bad thing?

I'm really kinda confused, since I have separated every part in the TV and the only things left is the actually Power supply board and the screen where there's 2 small (long) prints that is soldered to the screen which is connected from the TCON via the ribbon cables which I think i cannot check/exchange?

Reference numbers I found on the hardware and bought on ebay.

Code:

Part numbers

Mainboard
bn41-01958a

TCON
LVDS 32T36-C08 T320HVN03

Not bought yet:

Power Supply
bn41-01958a

Thanks RiddledTV Wink
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could have received defective board(s). Since you have OSD, tcon should be O.K. Have you tried other inputs? Have you tried swapping TV/set-top box (if used).

Your Tcon & Main boards CANNOT be the SAME part number. BN41-01958a is tcon.
Board part numbers are 'BN' string on a barcode sticker.
wazer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTS1957 wrote:
You could have received defective board(s). Since you have OSD, tcon should be O.K. Have you tried other inputs? Have you tried swapping TV/set-top box (if used).

Your Tcon & Main boards CANNOT be the SAME part number. BN41-01958a is tcon.
Board part numbers are 'BN' string on a barcode sticker.

bn41-01958/bn41-01958a it says that on my mainboard also when i search on it on google my mainboard shows up, so i just took bn41-01958a on ebay and found listed as ue32f50xx since the last 2/3 numbers i have figured out is color of the TV at least in my country.

Just to be clear i cannot see the screen at all at all, Yes i tried swapping to HDMI and other inputs before i reset the samsung TV via the combo INFO - MENU - MUTE - POWER ON, then i pressed enter waited 2 seconds and pressed enter again, wait until TV would power off and start it again, now its reset. This I simply took from videos on the internet carefully watching what they did with the remote and what menus was visible for them, turned out I can reset the TV everytime without problem using this direct combo.

So if its defective and if my own is defective could it be because of the power supply? and is there anyway I can test if its defective, what does it require(a volt meter?)

Regards.

edit:

Took some pictures of the mainboard and tcon, and I guess i mistakenly wrote "part number" when its in fact code/model. If you look the screenshots you can see that its white printed into the board bn41-01958a

I remember now I also searched for the other number saying bn94-06173n but I could not find any results on that.

http://imgur.com/a/Tkdg2

Here's pictures from tcon

http://imgur.com/a/7gHyZ

--

This is the Mainboard I bought.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/162185320249

This is the tcon I bought.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/262578968080
JTS1957

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://imgur.com/a/UAS6z
wazer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It says A at last, I assume that stands for America? makes sense since the only page i could find my BN94-06173N

Was from a dutch site, is that anything you can clarify or know about?

I cannot enter jimmy site its blocked I googled it and others from europe having trouble entering it as well and eventually If i needed to buy from there i would be left with postage and taxes of 200% added to the price.

Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://www.shopjimmy.com/" on this server.

Reference #18.5632f9c3.1473374160.1dc0d989

Since I live in Denmark, we tax everything insanely high, has to be in Europe.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wazer wrote:
It says A at last, I assume that stands for America?

I wouldn't assume that.

Note the full model that SJ is specifying. Also BN94-06175.

I known the model number breaks down as shown:http://www.samsung.com//support/skp/faq/1052003 ADD British country abbreviation (rhymes with yuk) between 'com/' & '/support' as Riddled doesn't like that.
wazer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try out one of my friends to see if he can find any damaged stuff via volt meter, I dont know where to get a working board in europe, does not seem to exist.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com