Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Samsung UE40C7000WKXXU - HDMI Not rendering correctly    

NotoriousBSE

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Samsung UE40C7000WKXXU - HDMI Not rendering correctly Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm having a strange issue with the HDMI ports on my Samsung TV at the moment. It's suddenly started to display flickering lines across the screen on certain colours and textures. Normal TV is fine and only seems to happen when I'm using things plugged in through HDMI. So far I've tried the Xbox 360, Wii U and OUYA, all produce the same problem with different HDMI leads and using dfferent ports. I've performed an HDMI reset also to no avail.

I will try and post some screenshots but I can only describe it as similar to when you open Windows in "safe mode" and it reverts back to 256 colours, only with the addition of these strange flickering lines too.

Has anyone got any ideas what the problem may be or which parts may need replacing?

Many thanks in advance

Rich
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

NotoriousBSE

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Screenshots Reply with quote

Here are some examples of the problem:

This is the original image

This is how it is displayed on my TV. Note the three lines towards the top and bottom of the image.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/wuIb7SP.jpg?1[/img]
Again, this is the original image

[img]http://i.imgur.com/04gy978.jpg?1[/img]
Again, notice the lines that crop up around the shaded areas of color. It's more noticeable when the images are moving, for example whilst playing games.

No idea what's going on here... Any help?

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com