Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Samsung UN32H5203AFXZA - No Picture   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  

nirvana

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:31 am    Post subject: Samsung UN32H5203AFXZA - No Picture Reply with quote

Have a Samsung UN32H5203AFXZA - Smart,LED 1080p TV with No Picture but have audio when hooked up to Cable box via HDMI 1 port.

Have changed T Con Board [ used, supposedly pulled from a working TV ] but the situation is still the same.

Shine a flash light onto the screen with the lights turn off in the room,cannot see any images in the screen.

Took the back case off and turned TV on with the lights turned off in the room,only saw 3 lights come on the T con board and another round light bulb turned on in the Power Board.Did not see any Backlights?

Can you please help?..thanks
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you SURE there are NO images (pictures or OSD) with flashlight?
You should also try a different (NON-HDMI) source.

Unplug the cable that runs from the Main board to the Power/LED board.

IF backlights come on (and STAY on) = Bad Main board.
IF backlights DON'T light = One (or more) burnt out LEDs inside panel. Or a Bad Power/LED Driver board (is less likely).
nirvana

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure, when I shined a LED flash light on to the screen,and press my original remote to ss whether the Menu comes up, I did not see any images at all.

Wish I know how the Backlights are suppose to be lit up in a dark room,when the back case of the TV is removed?
JTS1957

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nirvana wrote:
Wish I know how the Backlights are suppose to be lit up in a dark room,when the back case of the TV is removed?

The Back case/cover contains No AC cord interlocks or wiring that I'm aware of, and if set has a joystick user control, that can be removed and reconnected once the back cover is removed.
Backlights should be able to be observed through the numerous unused holes in the back of the metal LCD panel. Your flashlight is taking the place of the normal backlight but is shining directly on the face of the TFT panel. Quite inefficient as compared with shining through the rear. Try shining your flashlight in one of these holes and see if you then see anything at the corresponding spot on the front of the screen.

As previously stated (with the back removed) ...
Unplug the cable that runs from the Main board to the Power/LED board.

IF backlights come on (and STAY on) = Bad Main board.
IF backlights DON'T light = One (or more) burnt out LEDs inside panel. Or a Bad Power/LED Driver board (is less likely).
nirvana

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I see the Backlights in the daytime, if I disconnect the Main Board from the Power supply Board?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, they should be visible, assuming they are lighting, through one or more unused holes in the back of metal panel.
nirvana

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disconnected the power supply cable to the Main Board, and just plugged the TV to the outlet socket. no Backlights are visible. Obviously, I cannot turn on the TV with remote,since, there is no juice going to the Main Board.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The power cord plugs into the Power/LED Driver board. Samsung has arranged that with the Main board to Power/LED board ribbon cable disconnected, that IF the PS/LED drive board IS working the backlights WILL illuminate. This eliminates the MAIN board as being the cause of the backlights not illuminating.

You did say that the TV has: (one presumes it does turn on - with either the remote or the keypad).
nirvana wrote:
No Picture but have audio when hooked up to Cable box via HDMI 1 port.

This leaves:
JTS1957 wrote:
nirvana

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="JTS1957"]
You did say that the TV has: (one presumes it does turn on - with either the remote or the keypad).
nirvana wrote:
No Picture but have audio when hooked up to Cable box via HDMI 1 port.

This leaves:
JTS1957 wrote:

Yes - if I connect the Main Board back to the Power Supply Board, it will turn on when I flip on the remote.

Looks like the Backlights Inverter for this Samsung Model is embedded in the Power supply Board. This Model of Samsung has only 3 Boards - Main + Power + T con.

I was about to get the whole set from Shopjimmy website for this Model which is a Tso1 or Version 1 model, but someone jumped ahead of me, and bought the ONLY complete Repair Kit, and they are out of stock now.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOT INVERTER. LED backlit panel. Inverters are/were used in CCFL backlit TVs.

And all this time Shop Jimmy and I have been calling it a "Power Supply / LED board".

Three boards AND the PANEL containing the LED back lights ... (steps onto soapbox) then the manufacturer know-it-alls ordered that the backlight intensity level be set at 100% allowing for the best picture, but disregarding the LED life-shortening downside. Most owners weren't aware of that fact, so they left the control setting where it was when they purchased the set. Can I get a "Class Action Lawsuit" everyone! (End of rant).

Last edited by JTS1957 on Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com