Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Samsung UN40D5550RF - Turns Off after 10 seconds   Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Rtr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Samsung UN40D5550RF - Turns Off after 10 seconds Reply with quote

I have a Samsung 40 inch LED Smart TV that I bought new in 2012 and used for about 2 years before putting in climate controlled storage. Now I want to use it and it isn't working right. About a month before putting in storage it started acting up. You can turn it on and it will turn itself off after about 10-15 seconds. I've read posts saying to change tv settings/update software, but it does not stay on long enough to do so. I've also removed the back cover and looked for burnt, bulging, or leaking electrical components on the power board; and everything looks good visually.

Can I get some help on what to check, how to check it, and how to repair it? I want to do this myself to learn how to. A factory Samsung Repair Manual would also be great, but the ones I found online to download were not available for my particular model.....found one similar but not the same.

I have a multimeter and am capable of fixing it, just need some guidance since this TV repair is new to me.

MODEL: UN40D5550RF
CHASSIS: U59A
VERSION: FB03
S/N: Z30X3CUB600390H
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://elektrotanya.com/samsung_un32d5500rf_un40d5500rf_chassis_u59a.pdf/download.html

Closest I could find.

Do backlights turn on (and stay on) with either end of the 14 pin Main to Power board cable unplugged.
Rtr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTS1957 wrote:
https://elektrotanya.com/samsung_un32d5500rf_un40d5500rf_chassis_u59a.pdf/download.html

Closest I could find.

Do backlights turn on (and stay on) with either end of the 14 pin Main to Power board cable unplugged.

That is the manual I found. It might be close in model number but not sure if it is close in specs. It really didn't help me either.

What do you mean by backlights? The standby light or the lights that give the screen it's brightness ?
JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtr wrote:
the lights that give the screen it's brightness

Are all the board part numbers the same?
Rtr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTS1957 wrote:
Rtr wrote:
the lights that give the screen it's brightness

Are all the board part numbers the same?

Not sure but I know they looked a little different.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backlights?

http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung/un40d5550rfxza
Rtr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTS1957 wrote:
Backlights?

http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung/un40d5550rfxza

Thanks for that link. That might come in handy if a complete board is needed. I'm hoping to figure how to diagnose the individual components and try to replace them if that's the problem.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Page 28 (of PDF) flowchart for 'No Power,' using pictures at SJ if needed. Would help to know board numbers as you see more than one possibility for most boards.
Rtr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTS1957 wrote:
Page 28 (of PDF) flowchart for 'No Power,' using pictures at SJ if needed. Would help to know board numbers as you see more than one possibility for most boards.

Ugghhh. Can't upload Pictures....don't have a photobucket account and I'm on a mobile phone.

Here are some pictures of rear of the tv. Hope I've gotten pictures of the correct numbers you were talking about.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://imgur.com/

SM has picture with overview of board layout and top views of a Main & T-con board.
YOU have the TV and its boards in front of you.
I have to make due with HQ images of its boards at Shop Jimmy site. Main & Power boards appear to have more than one variant each. Would be nice for each of us to be referencing the same item.

You appear to experiencing a variation of a 'No Power' symptom. I'm presuming that you do get a power LED changing state when you attempt to turn TV on.
Samsung, in their infinite wisdom, designed these sets with a self test for the backlights in the panel (they are also the clowns that determined that the sets produce the best picture if the backlights are run at 100% intensity so was best to ship new sets at that setting with no warning to consumers that they may want to reduce their setting to extend LED backlights life.
For the last time I ask: "Do backlights turn on (and stay on) with either end of the 14 pin Main to Power board cable unplugged?"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com