Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Samsung UN40EH5000FXZA - sound, but no picture    

Bnystrom

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Samsung UN40EH5000FXZA - sound, but no picture Reply with quote

The panel appears to be fine (flashlight test), but the backlight is not working. The power supply board shows no evidence of component failure. I get 216V at pins 1&8 and 2&7 with the TV powered on, zero when powered off. I've got 5V between JP813 and JP812 (or ground).

Testing the LEDs individually revealed a single dead LED in the center of the top strip. All of the others are working. Is that enough to shut down the entire array?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Brian
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, a single LED can stop all.
I'd suggest applying enough voltage to the driven end to light the whole strip.

If/When done repairing, be sure to decrease backlight intensity to extend replacement's lives.
Bnystrom

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTS1957 wrote:
Yes, a single LED can stop all.

Excellent, now I know what I need to fix it. Thank you!

One thing I'm curious about is the voltage to the LED array. There are a total of 38 LED at 3V each, so I would expect the voltage to be around 114V. However, I'm getting 216V+ at the connector. Is there additional resistance that must be overcome or something?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com