Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Samsung UN46ES8000F - vertical lines on left side of screen    

Davyn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:22 am    Post subject: Samsung UN46ES8000F - vertical lines on left side of screen Reply with quote

Hi,

My Samsung tv has mostly thick black lines on the left side of the screen with also a lot of thin colored lines disappearing to the right side of the screen, where as the right side of the screen is almost completely 'okay'..

Any suggestions on what the problem could be or how to track down what could be the problem?

Product info: Samsung SMART 3D
model: UN46ES8000F

Thanks in regard..
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might help if you could provide a picture. I recommend uploading to imgur.com and provide us a link to the image.

Just based on your description, I suggest opening it up and reseating the LVDS cable.
Davyn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuhurdler wrote:
It might help if you could provide a picture. I recommend uploading to imgur.com and provide us a link to the image.

Just based on your description, I suggest opening it up and reseating the LVDS cable.

Thanks kuhurdler, I will try that.
Here's the picture I took. Hope it's clear enough.. http://imgur.com/PpqdKZg
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try reseating your ribbon cables first. Then check the tab bonds on the tops of the panel itself. Don't remove the tab bonds, but poke around on them and see if they impact the image.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is OSD or Menus being affected? Actually, that is a OSD - nevermind.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Davyn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuhurdler wrote:
try reseating your ribbon cables first. Then check the tab bonds on the tops of the panel itself. Don't remove the tab bonds, but poke around on them and see if they impact the image.

So I have reseated the ribbon cables 1 and 2 as shown in the picture, but I got confused with the tab bonds.. Are those behind the frame or are they cables number 3 in my attached picture? Ps. I have already been poking those, but no avail.. http://imgur.com/XQ6f09h
http://imgur.com/ykorep6
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#3 is what I was speaking of.

Tab bonds will be under the metal shield around the outer edges. It's somewhat easy to damage the panel if you aren't gentle though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com