Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
samsung UN46H6201 - changed service menu settings, dead    

ryn0909

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:39 pm    Post subject: samsung UN46H6201 - changed service menu settings, dead Reply with quote

Make:Samsung
Model:UN46H6201
FW Ver: T-NT14MAKUC-1112.1

I was in the extended service menu and accidently set an incorrect setting, but im not sure which setting it was, i believe it MAY have been the setting for (Model:) but not 100% certain. Anyhow, i powered off tv using the RC, waited 30 seconds, powered on tv using RC. The tv powers on, displays the SAMSUNG logo for approx. 2 seconds, the logo disappears and the screen stays blank. the red indicator light on front panel of tv blinks while samsung logo is displayed. once the samsung logo disappears, the red indicator light goes off. if i press any button on the RC or the TV, the red indicator light flickers but i get no response from tv. to get the tv to display the samsung logo again, i have to unplug power cable, then plug it back in and press power button. is there a way to set tv back to factory settings at this point?? I do have an ex-link cable for this tv.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you did it to yourself ... http://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=8508

I have little sympathy: IF the Samsung TV that you purchase MUST have this, this and this, the time to inquire is before purchase, either by your own research or if shopping in person, a brick & mortars knowledgeable sales staff.
Entering or making changes in service mode by untrained persons can cause significant and permanent damage to your television. If you are not qualified to service your television ...
YOU shouldn't be playing with any setting that YOU don't already KNOW how/what it will effect and how (if even possible) to rectify the setting.
ryn0909

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the lecture captain hindsight. this tv was a wedding gift, therefor i had no choice in what i was given.
Everything you said may be true, however, it serves no use after the fact nor does it answer the question i had. Smile
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no way to reverse this. You could try replacing the mainboard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com