Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Samsung UN48H5500AF - no video    

tayloe08

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject: Samsung UN48H5500AF - no video Reply with quote

I bought the TV new about 4-5 years ago. Sad to say, but I hardly ever turn the TV off... I have DISH so even when it goes in sleep mode, the dish logo just bounces around the screen. I don't know if that's a bad habit or not but just throwing it out there! I came home one day about a week ago and the screen was black. I could not get it to power on by remote or manually. After a little research I removed the back cover and the back lights will come on. I replaced the t-con board (BN95-01306A) which matched the part number on the original. Still no picture. I then replaced the main video board (BN94-07226L) also matching the original. Still no picture. I wish I had found this site earlier but asking for advice moving forward. So far I have less than $100 invested and for a couple more I could just purchase a new set but not the satisfaction of being a MAN and fixing something! Thanks in advance for any advice/suggestions!
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tayloe08 wrote:
After a little research I removed the back cover and the back lights will come on.

1) Have you done the flashlight test yet? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUzCLgoSPGM
2) Do the back lights come on and then go off by themselves? Or do they come on and STAY on until YOU tell them to turn back off? What about audio? With just DISH screensaver, sound is usually muted.
3) Be aware that Majority of replacement boards are NOT New. They are pulled from used sets. Many times a working or non-working TV is worth more as parts.
tayloe08

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply. The backlights come on when the tv is turned on and they will stay on until I turn the tv off. I did not try the flashlight test since the backlights seem to work fine. I had everything run through a surround sound but today I hooked my Dish box directly to the television and audio is working great and still no picture.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com