Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Samsung UN55C6400RFXZA - R half screen flicker, intermittent    

ltvette2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:57 pm    Post subject: Samsung UN55C6400RFXZA - R half screen flicker, intermittent Reply with quote

Hi, Samsung UN55C6400RFXZA has gone into intermittent times of the right half of screen backlighting flickering. I have a photo of it and may need instruction on how to post it here? TV was built in Tijuana in 3/2010, and I have had it for about 5 years. As TV powers up, I can tell by the light bleed in from corners whether issue is present or not. If all 4 corners light up, fine. Otherwise, only left 2 corners light, and screen flickers on left half. I have done all the settings of turning on and off all ECO sensors, and a firmware update, just because it was there. Is it a loose connection? A bad board or part, or a failing screen component? At this point TV is only worth about $300 in working condition, so I am guessing a self repair is only cost-effective way to fix and keep or sell. Thanks for reading, please advise. Larry T.

Here is link to picture of problem.
http://imageshack.com/a/img922/128/sV1sSU.jpg

Here is link to vid of issue:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpSAlSaTApxJpGuaXc_sddQ

Last edited by ltvette2 on Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LEDs on the right half are shutting off, both top and bottom. Could be a power issue, or a bad connection.
ltvette2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to try a new tcon board first. Not anxious to dig into screen yet. LED's are flickering, not actually shutting off, so it could be a power issue also. But where do I look on power board for the LED feeds out?
JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CNL801
ltvette2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FIXED, it was tcon board!! Got used one via EBay for $28.00, heck of a lot cheaper than any repair center Smile
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

way to go! Feels great, doesn't it? Thanks for posting back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com