Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Samsung UN60H6203AF - Dark Patches/Flickering    

PattyIce

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:29 am    Post subject: Samsung UN60H6203AF - Dark Patches/Flickering Reply with quote

Samsung Smart LED HDTV
Model #UN60H6203AF

Serial#02Q43CRFA32825T

Over the past few months, darkened patches have been appearing all over the TV. Not sure what they are or why its happening (I am assuming an issue with backlight). Images provided below. Image of TV screen, when viewed up close, may not show the problem immediately. If you sit a little bit back from the image, the problem described shows up much better. Along with the dark patches, flickering is occurring more often as well. Warranty is out on it so I am either stuck with paying someone to fix it or trying to fix it myself. Please help me! Very Happy

So far I have done the following:
1. Unplugged TV for excess of 60 seconds
2. Tried different source inputs on TV
3. Performed picture test. All 3 tests failed
4. Navigated TV menu via remote to see if problem shows in menu
5. Updated firmware to latest
6. Reset all TV settings to factory defaults

Dark Patches:
http://imgur.com/bmRd9Tg

Rear Model Sticker:
http://imgur.com/TiHldKn
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to the menu screen. Find the LED back light intensity setting and ask yourself: how long has this been at MAXIMUM?

These are what they or you would be replacing.

The next LED TV set you purchase, reduce the LED back light intensity to as low as you can live with to prolong their lives.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com