Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Sanyo DP32649 overheats    

kb5zxm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Sanyo DP32649 overheats Reply with quote

I have a over heating power unit.
Type 1AV4U20C44700, The part that gets the hottest appears to be a diode made from a t205 transistor attached to an aluminum upright heat sink. Close to the full wave bridge , there is another similar device, but it's ok.I suspect hot one is 5vdc reg, the other is for 12vdc.

I am adding a fan, and enlarging the heat sink soon. This set runs in an air-conditioned room suspended in an open shelf with lots of air flow available.
I need a schematic of this 'power unit'. The service litt shows only a blue box.
Also this set is 3 1/2 yrs old and runs a lot.
I also looked for a replacement power unit. But so far most are out of stock.
Is there another<tougher> power supply to use. that will be a direct plug in replacement.
Thanks I am not in a place to be able to buy a new set out right.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will likely have a hard time finding a schematic of the PS/Inverter.

Power supply / Inverter board is meant to be troubleshot down to 'board level' in the field. That is, determine which board is defective and swap in a whole new board.
My literature shows it as a 'Black Box' with a block diagram of connector from PS to main (CN2 / K8C) and distribution on main (Page 21). Troubleshooting flow chart is on page 29.

Nomenclature off the board next to the part (location number - Qxxx, ICxxx, Uxxx, etc) and off the part(s) themselves would be of more help.
kb5zxm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: power supply sanyo Reply with quote

I have trouble finding this exact power supply. Are there other supplies of the same foot print and voltage that will work in it's place?
One can replace the TV set with new for few $ more.
Am disabled , limited income, but still have my tools.
thanks. Daryl kb5zxm
kb5zxm

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Sanyo DP 32649 Reply with quote

I added a fan from an old printer to the bottom of the cabinet , on the side with the power supply. I hooked it up to a variable power supply, and it works, running at 9.vdc it is cool enuff. It's was. orig a 24v horiz. fan. Above that it is too noisy. So I am watching the junk piles, and garage sales for a smashed sanyo for parts.
BTW an older buddy of mine that owned a TV repair service, came over and had fun. First one he'd seen open.
I am still looking for 1AV4U20C44700 power supply or prints It should be an easy fix . I am used to stuff being all burnt and smoked.
cheers de kb5zxm darrell.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com