Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
SANYO DP42848 dark and barcode on video    

tractorpuller

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject: SANYO DP42848 dark and barcode on video Reply with quote

My in-laws purchased what I think is a Sanyo television about 2 years ago. They have a couple of dogs in the house and one of them was playing with a rubber toy and it hit the right side of the television. After that happened, when you turn the television on the picture is perfect for a second or two. After that, the picture gets darker on the left side of the screen. You can still see the image, but it stays much darker on the left side than it does on the right. It will also once in a while have what looks like a barcode across the top of the screen, but it is only about 1" tall and it don't do that every time. They have purchased a new television and said we could have their old one if we wanted to try and fix it or have it fixed. What are some possible solutions and approximate costs of repairing this television...?? Thanks!
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

model number?
or at least what type of TV would be helpful.
tractorpuller

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the model number on hand. It is a flat screen television (one of the ones that can be hung on the wall or put on a stand). I will try and get the model number and confirm the brand here pretty quick. The television is about 3 hours from where I am. I thought there may be a chance it could be a loose connection I could try to fix myself, or a common problem caused by small impacts. The screen is not broken, it just has a dark picture and the part that is darker has a definite edge. I will post the numbers and model when I get them. Thanks for any input you all can offer. I sure appreciate it.
tractorpuller

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a 46" Sanyo. I know that for sure. Still trying to get the model number.
tractorpuller

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The model number is DP42848. Hope that helps! Thanks again.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

updated your title
tractorpuller

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!
JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tractorpuller wrote:
It is a 46" Sanyo. I know that for sure.

Missed it by a third of a foot: Diagonal Size: 42.0 in - Widescreen
tractorpuller

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct... I was going off what my mother-in-law told me. After researching the model number I found it is a 42". Thank you though...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com