Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
sanyo DP55441 - yellow dot in screen    

banditman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:04 pm    Post subject: sanyo DP55441 - yellow dot in screen Reply with quote

I have a sanyo 55 inch tv that has recently developed a small triangle shaped yellow dot in the lower left side of the screen. It is there all the time and never changes. What is wrong and can it be fixed. The tv model is DP55441.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pix is worth...
banditman

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:54 pm    Post subject: try this Reply with quote

[img]https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=41cb008b0aaad504!1188&authkey=!AGAeOUB5qs-sHyo&v=3&ithint=photo%2cjpeg[/img]
JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triangle at bottom edge, left of center? If I have the rest of this post more or less correct and this IS your defect - looks like panel may be damaged.
Bright circle with 'x' is camera flash?
Blue and gray parallel curving lines and red 'curtain background' is a 'normal' image?
Are there whitish ?scratches? to the left of Sanyo logo?
How about Menu screen and or a image that's more familiar?
banditman

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its just that little triangle shaped yellow spot on the screen it is the only thing wrong with the tv. The yellow triangle is located on the bottom left of the screen the rest of the stuff is just my crappy cell cam.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a washable marker and draw a circle around the yellow triangle.
IF the triangle remains IN THE SAME SPOT irregardless of what image is on the screen and aspect {4:3 16:9} or format (Normal; zoom; stretch; wide, etc} changes have NO effect on it's position - it looks like the panel may be damaged.
banditman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update a couple days after my last reply the dot went away and stayed gone for a few weeks now the dot is back. The weird thing is that last night the dot not only came back it moved from the lower left hand corner of the tv to the right hand side about half way up the screen. Does any body know what would cause this? I have found out the dot does not appear when I use the dvd player so does that mean there Is nothing wrong with my tv and it is something wrong with my satellite box?
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I missed your email. I still don't see it, but I screen-captured this from your link above.

It looks to me like a panel/connector issue. Or some kind of pressure on the LCD near the edge of the panel.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Approximately 6 weeks ago:

JTS1957 wrote:
EDIT your last and reverse the 'img' tag slash. NO slash in left - add slash in right.

Triangle at bottom edge, left of center? If I have the rest of this post more or less correct and this IS your defect - looks like panel may be damaged.
Bright circle with 'x' is camera flash?
Blue and gray parallel curving lines and red 'curtain background' is a 'normal' image?
Are there whitish ?scratches? to the left of Sanyo logo?
How about Menu screen and or a image that's more familiar?
banditman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now have 2 small yellow specs on the screen. Is there a chance it is something wrong with my dish receiver box? when i stream and play dvds the dots dont appear on the screen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com