Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Sanyo DS35580 - Can't connect DVD   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  

donwonnc

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:42 pm    Post subject: Sanyo DS35580 - Can't connect DVD Reply with quote

Using the yellow white and red AV in jacks on this older TV Sanyo DS35580 I have been unable to connect any DVD player, I tried 3 so far. I have what I think is the correct remote. All I have not tried is using an S-Video cable. I have cable trough a box which has a selector for canne 3 or 4 and I have tried both. I have tried the menu and all available setting with the remote to no avail. I did see a diagram of a near model TV that showed using the S-Video with the red/white audio jacks for DVD. That is all I have left to try. Please help
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yellow white and red AV OUT jacks on DVD player?

In Composite BOTH the TV and the DVD Player use:
Yellow to Yellow = VIDEO
Red to Red = Right Audio
White to White = Left Audio

Some DVD Players use Component OUTput.

Composite and Component are NOT the SAME.
donwonnc

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes, I completely understand, if my wording was wrong I apologize. I have used the Red and White for audio and yellow for video for years and this DS35580 Sanyo TV is old and heavy weighing over 100 pounds and has a screen size of at least 32, It only has the yellow video, Red & White Audio in jacks, plus an S Video Jack which is all I have not tried, the S. and of course it has a coaxil input that my cable feeds into it. I feel like I have the correct remote and I have played with menu, antenna, every setting on it, even disconnected the cable. I have tried 2 different DVD players that work on other TVs. I have tried different channels 3-4. I saw a diagram for a Sanyo TV DS35520 which is the closest to my TV and it showed a VCR hook up using the yellow, red and white, but the DVD hook up only used the Audio Red & White and if my memory serves me well the S Video. I will share photos, anything to solve this issue. I am 47 yrs old. Something I have noticed is DVD players that have a connection brown or tan called coaxil but it does not look like any coaxil I have seen , it looks like your normal A/V jacks discussed.

Last edited by donwonnc on Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:16 am; edited 1 time in total
JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVD player brand/model?
donwonnc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The current DVD player I am trying is a Sony DVP NS50P AS DISPLAYED ON THE FRONT. THE REMOTE says RMT-D175A. I am elated that someone is helping me. This defies everything I know about hooking up auxiliary devices to a TV. I am stumped. I never found the TV's exact model number manual. the closest match to the DS35580 was the fore mentioned DS35520. This current DVD player mentions Precision Cinema Progressive and the following that is somewhat over my head 12/bit/108mhz video DAC/DVD+RW/+R/-R Playback. I will locate the second, more simple DVD player. I have tried switching out the composite cables, every programming, channel changing/searching combo that was available on the remote to the TV. I have no reason to suspect that the TV remote is not the correct one. Thank You! JTS1957 I WOULD GUESS THAT YOU ARE 58 YRS YOUNG. sorry for the caps, I accidentally hit the caps lock button.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a Input button on the TV remote (LABELED: 'Input' on DS35520 ... 'Video Mode' on DS35580) that you need to press to access the A/V jacks. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fit-Sanyo-FXPC-DS25580-DS27580-DS31580-DS35580-Remote-Controls-/191055436842

https://docs.sony.com/release/DVPNS50-41P.pdf

Page 17: 'Pattern A' illustrates connections. Connect as 'Pattern A' and ONLY 'Pattern A' shows. Don't forget to put in NORMAL Interlace as narrative describes.
donwonnc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to investigate your instructions now and the book to the DVD player and this may not matter, but I have the FXMG remote. Somewhat unlike the photo you sent me to.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291600450729?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT[/url]
JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest that you DO have the WRONG TV remote. (Try searching 6450268236.) Check your seller's 'Originally supplied with models' lists. I DO NOT see your TV model listed.

You MUST have a VIDEO Input button to switch from Tuner to Composite (1/2?), to Component (1/2?), and then back to Tuner.

As long as a Universal will work your Sanyo TV AND HAS a INPUT button, it should work that feature.
donwonnc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just searched the remote to the TV and found it was no longer available and showed the replacement. I have been trying and trying, yes you would think there has to be a way, an auxiliary input somehow. I have taken photos of the 1st DVD, the connections, back and front of TV, my remote and more if you wanted to see anything. I just brought in the other DVD player by Magnavox, testing it positively on another TV first and it did not work either. I have a photo of the TV screen and my options under the menu. The one thing I have not found info on, is a button on the remote called V-Guide. My father seems to remember having something hooked up to this TV when he had it, but he may have been going through by coaxil only. Neither DVD player has a coaxil input or output, with the single brassy looking wire in the center and a silver like mesh around the small wire insulation. I am going to get my extra TWC remote that may be universal and try that, but past that I think I will consider a new TV. Each DVD player has what they call digital out coaxil, but it is one female plug just like the Composite jacks, but I assume that has something to with advance audio, as it says digital audio out coaxil on the 2nd DVD player and the color is tan. I had a VCR CONNECTED TO THIS tv via coaxil (twist on with single wire core) and I had the sound playing out of a stereo using the red/white. One would think that you could connect an auxiliary even without any remote, but I have seen another case where some functions were only usable by the remote. When I am at Walmart I may pick up an S video cable to try. Thanks You
donwonnc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried a universal remote, but couldn't get it to operate TV. I entered the codes, I scanned for the code, at no point the the TV shut off. There was a procedure to have the remote tell me the code by counting flashes of a button and it matched one of the two codes listed for Sanyo. Gota walk away from it for now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com