Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Sanyo MOdel DP32647 Random White Lines after time.    

SanyoloyStumped

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Sanyo MOdel DP32647 Random White Lines after time. Reply with quote

Sanyo 32inch
Model DP32647

I posted this question in another forum so ill just copy and paste it.

I have a sanyo 32 inch, model DP32647, had it for 2-3 years now.

It works perfectly except after prolonged use it begins to flicker white lines on the screen and cant watch or play games on it. At first works fine later on you can notice that a little section from left to right a small inch or so is kinda lighter than the other areas then it escalates longer the tv is on, other areas and then bigger areas until most of the screen is flickering it in different places but not in unison. Oh and i dont think its the connection, Checked it, even tried to turn it to an input that doesnt have anything connected to it and the black screen still white lines show up.

If i turn it off for a 10 seconds, unlpug for 1 minute to reset it, then turn it on its fine once again but then it goes down hill after its been on for a while. I have no idea whats up with this.

I uploaded the tv messing up on youtube, link below. Even changed to other inputs that werent plugged in and still showed the lines and all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BSI8V0d6Mk

Thank you for you're time and help.

I have never fixed or opened a tv before so please be specific on what to look for or what to fix. Ah if i cant fix it on my own please tell me the average $ to fix this.

Please respond, I am a bit desperate so any help is appreciated, Once again thank you for you're time in helping me.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any "puffed" lytics?
How are power supply voltages? Any ripple?
SanyoloyStumped

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTS1957 wrote:
Any "puffed" lytics?
How are power supply voltages? Any ripple?

First off letme thank you, Thanks, I posted this on 3 forums, no one ever replied ur the first. One of em actually got deleted ah well.

Puffed lytics? i assume u mean weird audio sounds or something, i dont think so but i will try and test that out tomorrow.

Power supply voltages... hmm.. how would i go about finding that out? do i have to get a voltage meter and open the tv and check it??

Thanks again.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What visible signs show that the caps are bad?

Not all caps show visible signs of failure even though they may be still performing below the required specs. The ones which do can be bulged at the top of the cap (it is supposed to be flat. The vents at the top of the cap could also be obviously split open in extreme cases. There may be a brown/orange/yellow discharge which can be very small in the center of the top of the cap. It can also be a larger quantity all over the top of the cap. The bottom of the caps may not be flat on the board because there is swelling there. The bung at the bottom of the cap may have been pushed out and the cap is making a discharge on the motherboard which may have dried on the board.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com