Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
sanyo model ds31590   Goto page 1, 2  Next  

1968RT

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: sanyo model ds31590 Reply with quote

When I got the tv the power switch and volume down switch were missing.
I removed the volume up switch and put it in the power switch opening. The tv turned on in the video input mode. Hooked up to the input and got a picture. Using the switch the tv powers up, but not down. The menu switch does nothing. VIDEO shows on the screen. Don't have the remote, but tried programming a universal. No code worked. Do the 2 missing switches have to be on the PCB, or are there other larger problems causing these conditions?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Set will work with ALL switches off the board. A momentary jumper wire across switch's contact pads or a command from a remote should operate each function. I suspect that either a switch is/was intermittently shorted and/or you may have other problem(s) with set. You can test each switch with an ohmmeter - should be less than 1 ohm when pressed and, in theory, infinite when not pressed (out of circuit - if in circuit, the reading when not pressed depends on what else is in the circuit).
Let's see if set can go to service mode:
Unplug TV - While pressing "menu" (do NOT press any other keys - you don't want to change anything else) plug set into outlet - release "menu" - if working correctly a string of information will be seen on the screen - Press "menu" again to remove.
1968RT

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you saying when the tv is plugged in with ONLY the menu button being pushed it will power up? If so no dice. I Then tried plugging it in while holding both the menu and power buttons - it turned on, but no service codes. The guy I got it from said there was a problem with the power switch. He was the one who removed the switches. He repairs MRI machines for a living, so he is no novice at electronics. I guess it's possible that the power switch was shorted then. He bought a new flat screen, and so didn't go any further with trying to repair this one
JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) With the TV "on" and playing - Unplug the TV;
2) press and hold the "menu" button;
3) while still pressing and holding the "menu" button, Plug in the TV;
4) release the "menu" button.

If set displays SERVICE MENU press "menu" and release to see if it disappears as it should.
1968RT

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried several times - no power up.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean set won't power up?

1968RT wrote:
The tv turned on in the video input mode.
Using the switch the tv powers up, but not down.
1968RT

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I followed your steps exactly. When I plug the tv in while holding the menu button it does not come on. Also just to experiment I used a jumper wire in place of the volume up switch and got no sound or volume indicator on the screen ( I am assuming there would be some on screen indicator of volume level). I also plugged the set back in while holding no buttons - no power up unless I push the power switch.
1968RT

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I say power up I am reffering to a picture on screen.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a DVM (ohmmeter)?
1968RT

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com