Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
SHARP 27J-S180 - Periodically loses picture and sound    

kaityf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:42 pm    Post subject: SHARP 27J-S180 - Periodically loses picture and sound Reply with quote

SHARP 27" TV
Model 27J-S180

TV still has good picture and sound - most of the time. Every so often, though, the picture and sound is gone. The TV doesn't black out. It's more like what would happen in the olden days when your antenna got lose. So there's visual and sound static.

I used to turn the tv off and leave it off for a few minutes, but I discovered that turning it off isn't necessary. When it's ready to come back, it comes back whether I had turned the tv off or not.

This isn't my main TV, but it's the only other one I have with a large screen. I'd like to repair it - or get it repaired - if that's possible.

Any idea of what the problem might be and/or if it's worth the cost of a repair?

The TV is old, maybe around 12-15 years old.

Thanks for any help/advice.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Service manual
kaityf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. That manual should help me once I know what I'm supposed to do. I don't know what the problem is, so I don't know what needs to be done to repair the TV. I see various kinds of adjustments that can be made to my TV, but I don't know which of those adjustments would fix my TV's problem.

Again, most of the time the TV works just fine. There is nothing wrong with either the picture or the sound. Then suddenly the picture and sound go, replaced by static. It looks and sounds very much like it would if you lost the cable connection (and no, that's not what happens. Cable is tightly connected and more than one cable has been used). After some minutes, it all comes back on.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try freeze spray in/around tuner to see if exasperates or minimizes symptom.

Most likely an adjustment will NOT fix the set (unless a misadjustment has caused this problem).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com