Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Sharp 36K-S400 Power Supply??    

jhullo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Sharp 36K-S400 Power Supply?? Reply with quote

Good Evening Folks, I have this box that I replace the tuner on about 7 years ago. Now for the last two months or so, sometimes when I turn it on, it cuts off after about 3 seconds. I have to unplug it then replug it to get it to come on. Now today it continually cuts off after about 3 seconds, regardless if I reset it with the unplug/replug. Is the power supply shot?? Will I kill myself replacing it? Can I even still get the part?

I'll probably replace it with an LED after the super bowl prices let off, but I wouldn't mind fixing this sucker if I could.

Any ideas??

Thanks, Jim.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

gopro25

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say it shuts off, how much off do you mean?

Picture goes black? Audio?

How about the lights on the TV?

If everything is indeed shutting off, then yeah, that sounds like the main power board to me.

Hard to say if the part would be available without knowing the model number of the TV. Try looking it up yourself on google.

Also, try ebay. Sometimes you'll find some good deals there. Be careful though, sometimes people post bad stuff.

Will you kill yourself trying to replace it?
If you are worried about it, probably so.

But in truth, if you unplug the set, and open it up carefully, you would be pretty safe at least having a look at the insides.

If you can follow the power cord to the main board, look for anything that looks burnt. Or you might find some popped capacitors.

Might look like this.

If you are lucky and you do see some problem, you could try replacing the blown capacitors yourself with a soldering iron and a trip to your local electronics supply store.

Just be careful. Don't be stupid and touch everything. Hold the boards by the edges.

Good luck!
Let me know what you find!

Pictures are great!
Imran khakn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a simple SMPS problem,You may need to check Start up circuit and feed back circuit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com