Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Sharp Aquos LC-32D64U - HDMI Ports Not Working/Loud Static    

thre3kgt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:20 pm    Post subject: Sharp Aquos LC-32D64U - HDMI Ports Not Working/Loud Static Reply with quote

Sharp Aquos LC-32D64U 32" TV I bought 4th quarter of 2008.

TV worked fine in the afternoon, I went out, and we had some lightning in the area that evening. Came back, turned TV on and I just got black screen/no sound. HDMI is hooked from cable box to input on tv, so I tried switching to the second HDMI port, nothing. Additional to this, after about 30 seconds of the TV being on, a crackling static sound starts, slowly gets louder and louder, and after about 30 seconds more it is extremely loud. Changing volume/muting has no affect. Rest of the houses tv's are working fine still so I hooked it up to a different cable box and used different HDMI cable, same result. I've also done the standard unplug everything/reboot cable box type of stuff to to no avail, and TV is plugged into surge protector so not sure if lightning could actually affect it or not.

Finally had some success using RGB cables, as well as a Red and White cable for the sound. Now the picture and sound works, but the static sound issue remains.

TV has always worked perfectly before this.

Thank you so much for any help I'm a noob to this stuff.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd suggest you open it up and do a visual inspection, followed by checking voltages in the power supply
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com