Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Sharp LC-42D62U - tcon symptoms?    

tommoose13

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:44 am    Post subject: Sharp LC-42D62U - tcon symptoms? Reply with quote

Hey, first post!

Okay, so I'm fairly new to TV repair specifically, but I have several years experience with audio equipment, computers, and small circuits. I just inherited my grandparent's old TV, as some pixel garbage has shown up, and they'd just like to watch their sports games clearly. My uncle (who had it first) talked to some people who seem to know what they're doing, and they've said it's likely a failed tcon board, or a mainboard if not the tcon.

I've been playing around with it over the past couple of days and I can say this:
-There is generally static cyan pixels fully on. These pixels change pattern when a menu is opened
-When input is turned on, moving pixel garbage appears
-Screen input contents will affect what areas/colors are affected
-Interlaced video affects the display less negatively than progressive
-Analog video is far worse than digital
-Once in a while, the problem stops. Sometimes it's worse than other times.

My question really is, do you think it's the tcon board? or is this more likely the mainboard or power unit? I'd like to just order the tcon board and try, but living in canada sucks, so it's gonna cost me twice as much as it should xD

Here is a zip file with pictures of the panel:
***link removed, please post your images to a non-spammy site. ***

(Big orange "Download Now" is the real download button) Smile
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a big fan of the zippy share method with their fake download links that result is spyware. Could you just post the pictures to imgur or photobucket?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com