Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Sharp LC-46D64U Backlight problem , I think    

jpiedra

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Sharp LC-46D64U Backlight problem , I think Reply with quote

Hello; I'm new. Looking for some advice. While watching tv saw a flash, some colors and picture went black, audio remained. I called Sharp and got some trouble shooting help which did not help. Rep told me to get it serviced, but to wait awhile because it might come back. So, after a couple of days I decided to see if it fixed itself. When powered on the info box in the upper right corner indicating the input as well as picture on the right side of screen were very dim but visible, audio was fine. After a few seconds it powered off and power light started blinking. The tv would not power on again unless I unpluged it held the vol down and chan up buttons on set and then plugged it in. Same indications on more attempts except sometimes screen would flash like it was going to come in and then power off, audio still worked while power was on. After doing some research online I think the problem is the Inverter boards. I took the back off to get the part numbers and discovered there were 4 of them. I ordered replacements from RETECH TV. They are should arrive on Monday. Should I replace them one at a time and check or all at once? Does anyone agree with my diagnosis or is it just wishfull thinking. Thanks for any comments, and I'll post the results when the replacements are installed.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com