Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
SHARP LC-46D64U - color vertical lines    

brownkilla2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject: SHARP LC-46D64U - color vertical lines Reply with quote

I have a SHARP Aquos 46" LCD TV from 2007 that color lines. The sound is working fine. The lines become colored dots of green blue and white when i switch the source to a black image that is not inputting a video source. The image looks very similar to this upto the 46 second mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3JspnW7mUg

The distorted line and dots appear over the menu screen aswell when I press buttons from the remote. I have not opened up the back of the TV yet.

After doing some research it seems the main board or the t-con board may be at fault, but i cannot figure out which one it is.

I saw this link that mentioned that If the menu overlay screen displays normal and screen image is snowy and distorted, then the problem is with the main board but if the menu overlay is also distorted then the T-con board is at fault. Here is the link-

http://www.justanswer.com/tv-repair/7n0r4-snowy-picture-sharp-aquos-lc-52d82u-tv-picture.html

The posters on the youtube mentioned that replacing the main board fixed the problem but in the youtube video, their menu overlay seems fine so Im wondering maybe my T-con board may be at fault. It would be better off as It is much cheaper than the main board.

I know this is alot of information but any help would be great.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like your research is telling you to replace the Tcon. I would tend to agree.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com