Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Sharp LC-46LE700UN - no power on    

sharptvissue

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:58 am    Post subject: Sharp LC-46LE700UN - no power on Reply with quote

This is about my Sharp Aquos LED TV model number LC-46LE700UN and serial number 908821654 which I bought in 2009.

Here is a video I took of the issue: https://youtu.be/oYjU9Fl5nqY

It has been working perfectly for nearly 7 years without a single problem until I carried it upstairs a few days ago. It is a little heavy for me, when I carried it up the stairwell, a corner of the TV had a little scratch on the handrail, but the LCD screen remains intact.

However when I connected the power and attempted to turn it on. Nothing happens, except that the power and OPC lights kept on blinking. The blinking pattern can be seen from the following video I took. When I press the power button, I do hear the little pop sound from the TV (the sound when the TV powers on), and when the room is dark, I can see that the screen faintly flashes a very brief moment and goes dark.

I called Sharp customer service, and they tried to have me reset the unit by using different combinations of the buttons, but it didn't help.

I assumed it is a small issue because I can't think of anything that has ever happened to the TV that would make it stop working.

I am still grieving over this incident. If you have any idea about this issue, especially if you understand the power/OPC lights blinking pattern, please share your 2 cents.

Thanks and please watch the following 1 minute video about the power/OPC lights blinking pattern: https://youtu.be/oYjU9Fl5nqY

Last edited by sharptvissue on Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

sharptvissue

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it be problems of the main board? Anyone? Thanks.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It 'could' be something as silly and simple as it having been disconnected for the move when the PC/VGA input was being used, and now that you have it moved you haven't reconnected an active signal to same.
sharptvissue

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTS1957 wrote:
It 'could' be something as silly and simple as it having been disconnected for the move when the PC/VGA input was being used, and now that you have it moved you haven't reconnected an active signal to same.

Thanks. I did have VGA cables plugged in the back of the TV unit all the time, although for the past 8 months they are not connected to anything.

You think it'll work if I simply plug back in the VGA cables even though they are not connected to anything?
sharptvissue

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sharptvissue wrote:
JTS1957 wrote:

Thanks. I did have VGA cables plugged in the back of the TV unit all the time, although for the past 8 months they are not connected to anything.

You think it'll work if I simply plug back in the VGA cables even though they are not connected to anything?

Just to add: I don't have cable TV services upstairs, I am only trying to watch youtube via AppleTV up there. So, yes, the TV is not connected to any cable TV service. Nor DVD, DHR, BlueRay players. Connected to an AppleTV and also Google ChromeCast. Could malware of google ChromeCast damage my TV? Not likely.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF when you went to move set upstairs, the last Input it was being used on was PC/VGA, then yes ... If on some other Input, then unlikely.

I'm just saying that I have encountered sets that would NOT allow input to be switched until last signal input being used was reestablished.

Last edited by JTS1957 on Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
sharptvissue

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTS1957 wrote:
IF when you went to move set upstairs, the last Input it was being used on was PC/VGA, then yes ... If on some other Input, then unlikely.

Nope. The last input to the TV before the move was cable TV from comcast DVR via HDMI. Maybe I should take it downstairs and try it again. Thanks for the hint.
sharptvissue

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I carried the TV downstairs and tried all inputs. It didn't help. Weird.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com