Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Sharp LC60LE650U - power issue?    

paguy215

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:15 am    Post subject: Sharp LC60LE650U - power issue? Reply with quote

I have a Sharp Aquos that's a little more than 2 years old. It's an LC60 model. A couple of days ago I noticed the TV was slow to power on, and the SHARP greeting disappeared. The problem has gotten worse since then. Yesterday it took several minutes to turn on. When I hit the power button, the light blinks twice, followed by five rapid blinks, then repeats. I read online that this indicated a power supply issue.

Eventually I got the TV to work by unplugging it, holding down a combo of Volume and Channel buttons on the TV, and re-plugging. Then I released the combo, unplugged again and plugged back in and it worked right away, no delay. I haven't tried it since i turned the TV off but plan on doing so today. I will add that I had read that 'resetting' like that may yield a screen with a K on it, but it never happened..it just turned on like normal.

I guess my question is, did that reset with the channel and volume buttons actually do anything? Could that have cleared a short that was causing the issue? I know that code indicates something with power, but does it mean anything that the display and all has come on eventually despite the slower power-up and otherwise had no issues?

Just trying to see what I can do in case this problem returns, or is doing anything going to make matters worse...

Thanks in advance for your help.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

paguy215

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry that's the model number. LC60LE650U

Can anyone help? Not working today after trying the same thighs I did yesterday.
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting the model number, I need that to look up your codes. It looks like the error blinks indicate a problem with your Power supply board. You can try just replacing that board with a used one if you want.

Here is a link to a used one
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com