Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Sharp LC70UQ17U - won't power on    

dougdon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Sharp LC70UQ17U - won't power on Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

Having some difficulties with my 70" Sharp TV purchased around 3 years ago. Model number is LC70UQ17U. Around a month ago the image on the tv occasionally started flickering pretty severely:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXkY-qXxCNU

If you restarted the TV the problem would go away. Around a week after it first started, however, the TV shut off while we were watching it and it won't turn back on. The front light blinks in the same pattern repeatedly -- three long blinks, pause, one short blink. Based on some research I did it sounded like it might be the power supply board, so I tried replacing it but it didn't work, still have the same blinking pattern. Anyone know what the issue might be? Really appreciate the help.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better research.
dougdon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd certainly say so... thanks for the reply. Sadly it was a tv repair shop that told me it was the power supply board, so doesn't give me much faith in their abilities...

Apologies for the dumb question, but is it fixable, and if so is it something I can do myself?
JTS1957

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is also possible to have received a defective board.

Also found:
Repair Tips _ Sharp : Lc-70uq17u : Intermittent Power, 3 Blinks And 1 Short Blink, When No Power.

12 Volts (4 pins Regulator (KIA378R12PI), on power supply. may be good but BETA is Low, We replaced, Tv like new.
dougdon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's a defective replacement part... I suspected the initial replacement power supply may not have worked, so I ordered another from a more reputable source and it didn't work either. So I've tried three different power supply boards (original, first replacement, second replacement) and none of them worked.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See if unplugging 'PK' and/or 'LW" on Tcon board makes any difference. If none, I'd try Main board.
dougdon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Unplugging/plugging back in didn't work, so I ordered a replacement main board. Hopefully that fixes the problem
dougdon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, unfortunately that didn't work... swapped out the main board today, plugged in, hit power and after around a minute the front light started blinking the same pattern as before. Is there any factory reset/ firmware I would need to update in order to get around this error code?

Otherwise, any other ideas what might be causing the problem, and whether it can be fixed?
JTS1957

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pg 60-64

If set won't come on, doubtful set will update/reset.

Making adjustments/changes - you do so at your own risk.
dougdon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it, thanks. So if it's not powering on after replacing the main unit, sounds like I'm out of luck and should start looking for a new tv, no?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com