Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Single Vertical Line Audiovox AVT-1498    

cswinford

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:15 am    Post subject: Single Vertical Line Audiovox AVT-1498 Reply with quote

I have an Audiovox AVT-1498 that came installed in my conversion van which has a newly developed issue. More times that not when it's turned on, there is only a single vertical line down the middle of the screen.

I'm a pretty handy guy, but I've never had to mess with TVs. However, with some instruction I think I could fix the problem.

What might be causing this? Is there any other information you would need from me to help identify the problem?

Thanks so much for you help!
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Single vertical line down the middle of screen" = NO horizontal deflection = HOT will become overheated and fail if you run this set a long time.

Check for bad solder joints, horizontal yoke winding unplugged, etc.
cswinford

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate the response.

From what I can tell, all solders look good around the yoke and there is nothing unplugged.

Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com