Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Sony 32" Trinitron blinks on and off    

3DPiper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Sony 32" Trinitron blinks on and off Reply with quote

Model: kv-32s42

I'm not sure where to find the chassis number.

The television has served us well for almost 10 years. It started taking longer and longer to warm up and come out of stand-by. Now, it comes out of stand-by in a regular amount of time, but the picture blinks on and off. Very rhythmic, but also stays off longer if the picture being displayed is bright. Sound is fine.

?

Thanks

-Matthew
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your tube is dying. see if it stays on if you turn the screen voltage up slightly.
3DPiper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That did it!

Thanks!

:)

-Matthew
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, your tube is degrading enough that sony has decided you shouldn't be able to watch it. It will continue to degrade and start flashing again. When it determines the picture is too poor, it disables the screen instead of letting you get any further life out of it...

Thank you Sony
mcgouran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi - I have the same problem - can you tell me how to turn the screen voltage up?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com