Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Sony Bravia KDL55EX720 stopped receiving channels    

Rodger

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject: Sony Bravia KDL55EX720 stopped receiving channels Reply with quote

Sony 55" LED 1080p 3D TV.

I've got the above TV and it's less than 2 years old. Everything works fine, except that one day it stopped receiving terrestrial channels. I am unable to get the unit to read my USB stick despite multiple formats (in both FAT and FAT 32), so I cannot load software that way.

I've troubleshot the following:

-- Confirmed home antenna is good and slaved in another antenna with no change.

-- Reset the unit by holding up on the remote and pressing the power button. No change.

-- Updated the software to the latest version via CAT5 connection. No change.

-- Re-ran the initial setup exactly like I did originally. No channels detected in digital or analog. I tried the wider scan option in the settings and it didn't find anything either.

-- Inspected the BATV board (where the antenna connector is located) and it appears good. Nothing burnt or any apparent broken solder joints. I shot through the antenna cable I'm using all the way to the solder joint on the board with a multimeter and it shoots good.

-- Tried replacing the BATV board, but the new one causes the yellow and green LEDs to blink repeatedly. I cannot update the software on this version because the display does not work. Bad replacement?

Any help appreciated, because I'm tired of playing 20 questions with Sony's tech support. I am quite capable with electronics, but I don't want to dig farther until I have a plan. I can solder, but not at the micro level.

Thanks!
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com