Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Sony KD-36XS955 - CRT wont turn on    

joeh1974

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Sony KD-36XS955 - CRT wont turn on Reply with quote

I have a Sony KD-36XS955 Chasis DA4, that wont turn on. Or at least the CRT wont come on. The Standby/LED blinks 7 times and pauses for 3 sec and cycles again. I read on other forums where it might be the Horiz. Stop and change out two IC's (MCZ3001DB), and that might fix the problem. I was able to get a couple of IC's and replaced them. Still having the same problem, when I turn on the tv I hear the Degausse(sp?) and a few clicks and nothing comes on. I still have the same indications with the Standby/LED (7blinks, pause for 3sec). I am guessing that it might be the Horiz. Flyback power supply. Can anyone please help me out with this. I am familiar with electronics, but have little experience in TV repair. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I am trying to save a few bucks by repairing the tv instead of having to buy a new one. Smile
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have at it:

http://elektrotanya.com/sony_kd-30xs955_34xbr960_34-36xs955_ch_da-4_sm.pdf/download.html
joeh1974

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:58 am    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

I was able to download the manual and will look through it. Thank you again!!
Predicta

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sony Model KD-36XS955 uses DZ module for deflection. If you have already replaced IC8002 & IC6501 then there is a good chance that your Hivoltage Transformer (flyback) is bad. Unfortunately this part in no longer available. You can order the DZ module A-1062-014-A for $118.95 from Tristate module, but as of this posting it is not avaiable. www.moduslinkpts.com will rebuild your old module for less then $100.00 There # is 800-844-7871 Good luck.

Carl
joeh1974

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the information. I was able to find a site that has the flyback, charging around $120. Still trying to decide if I should invest more money into repair or invest in a new tv.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com