Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Sony KDL-32S3000 - No Display   Goto page 1, 2  Next  

haydenm315

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:25 pm    Post subject: Sony KDL-32S3000 - No Display Reply with quote

I obtained a Sony KDL-32S3000 from my mother in law. She said it just stopped working and that Sony said the hard drive went bad, would cost a lot to fix, and the parts were discontinued. Before junking the set, I decided to give fixing it a go.

When I plug the set in, the green power light comes on. The backlight comes on for a few seconds, and then the green light goes off. The red standby light comes on and signals a trouble code of 5 blinks.

I downloaded service and training manuals for the Tv. A troubleshooting table indicates 5 blinks is most likely a bad bu1 (main board), or sometimes a bad g1h (power board).

I found a bu1 board locally at a business called BPAI. They have a web storefront of tvpartsinstock.com. They seem like a respectable business that's been around for a while.

I replaced the bu1 board and the 5 blinks were still there. One of BPAI's techs recommended the t-con board but they didn't have it in stock. For grins I swapped the g1h board, but still 5 blinks.

BPAI didn't have a t-con board for this set. I was able to obtain one from tristate module. I replaced the board, but still 5 blinks.

I'm about to call it quits on this one if I can't get any help. What a bummer so far.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panel 12V?
haydenm315

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pardon my ignorance, but I'm really not sure how to test that. I don't know where the panel receives voltage from. I've got the TV sitting face down with the business end exposed. Does the t-con power the panel, or does it come from somewhere else?
JTS1957

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haydenm315 wrote:
Pardon my ignorance, but I'm really not sure how to test that. I don't know where the panel receives voltage from. I've got the TV sitting face down with the business end exposed. Does the t-con power the panel, or does it come from somewhere else?

HOW TO MEASURE
haydenm315 wrote:
I downloaded service and training manuals for the Tv.

WHERE to Measure:
Open Service Manual - Ctrl+F - type: panel12v - next
Black meter lead to GND - Red meter lead to ANY one of highlighted each time 'next' is pressed.
haydenm315

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No voltage on the panel 12v pin. Sorry for being a dummy. Thanks for being straight forward.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read Training Manual, page 19 thru 21: "If the 12V from the power supply is OK but failed on the Panel_12V line, the unit will shut down and blink the power LED in groups of 5."

I'm presuming we both have the same versions of each manual.
haydenm315

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're both on the same page. It seems to indicate there is an issue with the bu1 board. There's power coming from the g1h to give the main micro power, but the panel isn't getting 12v, nor is the main micro's 12v detect circuit, hence the 5 blinks.

I replaced the bu1 board, but it still blinked 5 times. I did suspect the board I received had a problem. I noticed one of the integrated circuits looked damaged near the usb port and returned the board.

Where do I go from here? Another bu1 board? Sounds like the panel 12v is switched by the main micro. If that's messed up, all I can do is a new board?
JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haydenm315 wrote:
We're both on the same page. It seems to indicate there is an issue with the bu1 board. There's power coming from the g1h to give the main micro power, but the panel isn't getting 12v, nor is the main micro's 12v detect circuit, hence the 5 blinks.

I replaced the bu1 board, but it still blinked 5 times. I did suspect the board I received had a problem. I noticed one of the integrated circuits looked damaged near the usb port and returned the board.

Where do I go from here? Another bu1 board? Sounds like the panel 12v is switched by the main micro. If that's messed up, all I can do is a new board?

A 'Good' BU1 board will likely correct the problem ... IF you have ALL the following from the Power Supply (at least until the set shuts down).

At CN6201
STBY3.3V* - will be there as long as set is plugged in
Unreg 13V*
Unreg 6V*

At CN6202
Reg 24V
Reg 12V*

* May want to prove these are also arriving at BU1

As shown on the schematic Reg 12V is allowed to pass through F4005 and Q4012 when the micro tells 'Power 3' to switch Q4011. Three of these can be easily tested.
haydenm315

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed a replacement board. I'm past the 4 blinks, and onto 8 blinks. 8 blinks sounds audio related and something wrong with this bu1 board. Mad
JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was 5?

btw - contains NO hard drive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com