Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Sony KE-42TS2U no audio    

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:16 am    Post subject: Sony KE-42TS2U no audio Reply with quote

Have video on all inputs. no audio
speakers ARE turned on in customer menu.

Is this another B board problem?
Can I replace a component on the B-board?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found:

Hit by lightning? (spike). 1st no sound, then no pic or sound. Was OK on component input. Replaced smd eeprom on B board IC1019.
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THanks JTS. 1019 doesn't look like an eeprom though. It looks like some kind of an input buffer? Can you double check your notes?

Also found this picture of a B board: http://www.riddledtv.com/forums/images/userposts/t2051/b_board.jpg
JTS1957

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not MY notes. I did mention it was "found" information. How accurate is it?? Copied/pasted as I found it. Model matched; symptoms somewhat matched. Just a wag. Cool
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Board from a KE-32TS2U

I have this A1300920A Board, that literally has 920A stamped over the top of 914A. It appears to be identical to the A1300914A.

Any reason I shouldn't try it in place of the 914A? I'm inclined to try it, but hate to ruin a TV with perfectly good video only if trying this board could harm it.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the shoe fits ...
Nothing ventured - nothing gained. Idea

On the other hand ...
Try at your own risk. Wink
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there's 3 hours I'll never get back. I installed it and turned it on. It seems to work at first, but there are outer bars that are permanent on outside edges. It sort of looked like 4:3 ratio.

Also, the model number in the menu shows the KE-32 model number, and the video looked dark. Since the board appears to be the same, I assume it is some kind of firmware difference.

Lesson learned. doesn't work. don't do it if you're thinking about trying something similar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com