Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
sony kf-we50s1 dead, six blinks    

seriouslycgi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:14 am    Post subject: sony kf-we50s1 dead, six blinks Reply with quote

kf-we50s1 wont turn on

symptoms: dead tv,

recreate: plug it in, red standby led lights up, turn on or channel up/down, green led flashes 5 times, pause 1/2 second red standby led flashes 6 times pause 2 seconds red standby led 6 times ........
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

seriouslycgi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:01 am    Post subject: found the reason i think Reply with quote

i took the whole tv apart a few times looking for burns bulges etc and doing a little testing (in my limited ability) and the only thing that stopped the red led blinking was to short the thermostat fuse

http://www.wako-clinac.co.jp/product_en/cs-7_en/index.html

its under the large fan to the bottom right

the tv turned on straight away, picture is a little dark but i dont have the remote and it seemed to be getting brighter (on static haze as the tv is on the kitchen table) i switched it off after a few seconds just incase removing the thermostat did any damage.

anyway now i just have to get a new one and see if it runs right then.
seriouslycgi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where can i get this from, local repair guys here in nz say i need to buy an expensive kit with a fan and the thermostat and blah blah, when all i need is the little thermostat i believe.

appreciate any advice.
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't seem to find anywhere to just buy the thermostat. Does it have any part numbers written on it?
seriouslycgi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it was part number 1-576-912-11 on a repair guide i found for sony to reapair this particular model for an issue with the lamp door warping from heat.

but the bag it came in says pn: a-1137-954-a

it cost me $40 NZD after calling around to a few tv repairs. most werent very helpful as they didnt want to supply parts only they wanted the labour too i guess. they wouldnt sell me the kit or the part without them doing the work.

tv started up fine and i have watched a few hours of tv on it today, picture looks fine.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad to hear you got it going. I guess I just don't have much info built up for NZ TVs.
seriouslycgi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it normal for a rear projection to be dark when you first turn it on? it takes about 20-30 seconds for the brightness to built up, im wondering if the lamp is going or if that sounds right, it looks good once that 20 seconds is over.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com