Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Sony KP-57WS500 8-blinks replaced D-board now 6-blinks HELP!    

techdiff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:07 am    Post subject: Sony KP-57WS500 8-blinks replaced D-board now 6-blinks HELP! Reply with quote

I've got a Sony KP-57WS500 57" projection TV that had color bleeding (convergence?) on the left side then it would eventually have a red flash and shut off and display 8-blinks (T8005 faulty- D board). I picked up a Sony KP-43HT20 43" with 6-blinks (+5 line overloaded/shorted A, B boards) and used its D-board on the KP-57WS500 and IT got the 6-blinks! Any idea what the problem would be? Or any ideas which parts to check/replace/swap next??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

techdiff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could the red tube be going bad? Would that cause it to blink 8 times (T8005 Fly-back transformer)?
JTS1957

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you read: http://www.techlore.com/article/15444/Understanding-Sony-Television-Blinking-Codes/
techdiff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That list of error codes is not the right list for my TV. I've got the service manual. I listed the error codes for the errors I'm receiving (8-blinks T8005 fly-back transformer board D, 6-blinks +5 line shorted/overcharged board A, B)

Do you think a bad red tube could cause this? Do you know which tube is the red one by chance?

Thanks!
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, initially the red was shifted and staying in the same place? or was it bleeding, and varying in intensity?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

techdiff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was just blury up at the top left corner of the TV, but the TV would work fine. Then it would eventually flash red all over then shut off and blink 8 times.

I put the original D board back in )with 8-blinks) and removed the HV wire going to the red CRT coming from the HV distribution block, and it works fine (other than no red obviously). I tried switching the red CRT from the 43" TV into it and hooked it up, but the whole screen is red then and the other two CRTs don't display.

Sounds like both red CRTs are bad?
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a problem with confusion and compatability when you mix sets. Your 57 inch uses three different CRT's and none are the same as the 43 inch set. Also, if you changed out the yokes with the CRT's you are creating possible (though not likely) yoke current problems.

I would suggest you put all of the original parts back into the 57" set and work to resolve the problems.

If I follow this right you most likely have a bad convergence amp on the original 57" D board. Since I did not see the original problem there are two other possiblilities. You could have a bad video amp on the red crt. You could also have a bad G2 block. G2 blocks are famous for failure on this set causing the problem you describe.

Hope this helps

Jesse
TV-TECH-NEWB

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:46 am    Post subject: Replace the RED Crt Tube. Reply with quote

To check if its good or bad.

Disconnect the Red CRT.
Leave the yoke in it.

Turn it on and see how long it stays. on.
If it flashes a different color and shuts off..
do the same thing with that CRT and start all over again.

The red CRT might be taking too much power and shorting it out.

I had this same issue before.

I replaced the Fly back transformer and a few other parts.
the last one being a CRT tube.
Sucks but you gotta start somewhere..
TV-TECH-NEWB

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Sony KP-57WS500 8-blinks replaced D-board now 6-blinks H Reply with quote

I have the RED Tube for

Sony KP-57WS500

$150

Let me know if you need it.

joe@xbox360professionals.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com