Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Sony KP-57ws510 need help adjusting    

izlude

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject: Sony KP-57ws510 need help adjusting Reply with quote

Hey folks, I fixed up a SONY KP-57ws510 that I picked up off the street. I put in some new STK chips and fuses/resisters. I only need to enter the correct values in some of the settings... so if you are up to the challenge, you can help me with this Very Happy Mind you, it will be TIME CONSUMING!! Wink

Here's the info:

The TV has 4 settings: Zoom, Wide Zoom, Normal, Full.

-Wide Zoom looks ok (with cut off edges because it's zoomed).
-Normal looks ok (a perfect square with grey letterbox).
-Zoom looks ok (similar to Wide Zoom).

-Full is the only one that is messed up! The values for all three colors in the convergence grid were set to 000,000 (at all 81 points) The Cent, Size, Skew, Pin, Lin etc were also set to 0 for all three colors... A flash focus did not fix this, so the values must be entered manually.

I don't know what the values should be for Full, however I noticed that Zoom, Wide Zoom and Normal all shared the exact same values in the convergence grid (all 81 points for each color) as well as the Cent, Size, Skew etc.....

I went ahead and put those values into Full setting, and my picture was near perfect... it's just a tiny bit zoomed... (not as extreme as zoom or wide zoom) but it is bigger than it should be.. When playing games, some of the menus are cut off (you can't see the cursor)...

If anyone has the same model TV and free time, I'd appreciate your sharing with me the values from you convergence grid and skew size cent etc... for the setting "Full".

There are 81 points (9 across x 9 down) you can organize them like this:

Green:
1st row - A1 = 072,026 A2 = -048,022 etc...
2nd row - B1 = 050,-002 B2 = -042,-004 etc...

Green: Cent -49,393
Skew...Size..Lin,Key,Pin,Mlin,Msiz etc......

Are you up for the challenge?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't DO math! Mr. Green
izlude

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again. Sorry I know it sounds confusing, so hopefully this image helps. All you'll be doing is copying the values from your TV to a doc file and then sharing it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com