Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Sony KP53XBR35 Blue silhouettes around people! Pictures!!!    

piercesea

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:33 am    Post subject: Sony KP53XBR35 Blue silhouettes around people! Pictures!!! Reply with quote

Model Sony KP53XBR35

my picture suddenly has blue vertical shadows and silhouettes around people and some objects. the picture on this set was perfect before, and for the last 10years.

Photobucket link to pictures i took that show the problem: http://s434.photobucket.com/albums/qq65/PierceSEA/Sony%20TV%20Problem/

its seems more prevalent on the right side of the screen but it is all over. i have adjusted the on screen convergence but this has no effect on this issue. This is happening all the time now, not just once in awhile; however if tv has not been on for a day or so, the first 10-15 minutes are fine, but then the problem continues thereafter.

Does anybody know what the problem is? How much will it cost to have it fixed? and can this repair be done at the home or does the tv need to be brought into the repair shop for them to repair it?

Once a problem like this happens does this signal more problems to come in the future? TV has been perfect for years with no issues.

thanks!!!!!!!
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pictures. That's very helpful.

Your convergence amps appear to be failing. They can be replaced and your TV should be good as new. The parts are ~$30, but the labor will be $300 minimum. unless you do it yourself.

I don't think this signals failure of any other components, but if you're itching for a new TV, this may be the time to save your money up and get one rather than investing it in an older one. If it were mine, I would fix it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com