Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
SONY KV-27TS27 - Great picture, static-y/no sound   Goto page 1, 2  Next  

lscadams

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: SONY KV-27TS27 - Great picture, static-y/no sound Reply with quote

SONY 27" TV
Model KV27TS27

Hi, I have a Sony KV27TS27 TV I just got from my Dad who hasn't used it for many years. My problem with the TV is similar to this post:

http://www.riddledtv.com/forums/sony-kv-27ts27-distorted-no-sound-t456.html

But "the part that you're looking for" posted by kuhurdler could no longer be found & "the area to look around" posted by silv is also no longer available to be viewed.

I know this is an old TV, but the picture is beautiful. Can you tell me if the TV is too old to fix? Will I be able to find the part I need to fix it? Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated!!!
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the part you're looking for looks like THIS

you can replace it with two capacitors, as I previously described in the post you linked to. The only downside to that modification is that it will disable SAP, which you likely do not use anyway.
lscadams

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the risk of sounding like an idiot, what do I put in the search field on radioshack.com to get "2 caps (4.7 uf,50 volts)"?

Thank you so much for posting the link for the part I'm looking for!!!
JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"4.7MF"
lscadams

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to wait until my brother-in-law can help me open the TV. I bought the 2 caps you mentioned from Radio Shack yesterday, so I'm anxious to try your trick. I'll let you know how it goes Smile
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

lscadams

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Sound Fixed!!! Reply with quote

My wonderful brother-in-law replaced the SBX1637 with the 2 capacitors I bought from Radio Shack as you described in the other post. He had a bit of trouble removing SBX1637, but ultimately he was able to remove it with couple of new tools he had to buy. After everything was put back together, still no sound. I was so disappointed because I was so sure your instructions would work. Then it dawned on me that I turned the TV speaker off because it was making static-y sound. After I turned it back on, VOILA! sound came out of the TV! THANK YOU SO MUCH for your time & for your help! You & my brother-in-law are both AWESOME!!! Very Happy
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad it worked, thanks for posting back.
Dark Angel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@kuhurdler

Sorry to post here but wasn't sure if I should post here or in my thread.

Anyway I was wondering if you or someone else could tell me what value the caps are as I was thinking of maybe replacing them and see if I could bring the module back to life.

So far from what I have gathered from the pics I have seen I have been able to get these value's:

The seven connector pins of the sound board are on the left side of the module.

Top 3 caps: 47mf/50v : .47mf/50v : .47mf/50v

2 Middle caps: 4.7mf/35v : 4.7/35v

Bottom 3 caps: 4.7/35v : 4.7/35v : 4.7/35v

Again I ask if you or someone else can verify the cap values I listed.

Thanks for your time and anyone else who can help me.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheaper, Easier and Quicker to just swap in a new one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-SONY-Ic-Sbx1637-11-8-746-371-20-electro-sound-/300527537631
Dark Angel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am aware that it would be easier and quicker to do that, but I like a challange and need more practice on my soldering skills anyway.

Thank you though for the reply and the link as I will keep that in mind as an alternative.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com