Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Sony KV-27TS35 Bad Sound Quality   Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Dark Angel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Sony KV-27TS35 Bad Sound Quality Reply with quote

Hello all, I got a Sony KV-27TS35 with bad sound quality when viewing the TV in from the cable connection. The other jacks appear to work just fine though.

Well from the past 2 days in doing research to find out what is wrong the the audio, from experts and you guy's alike.

It would seem that the problem my TV has is as describe here in this thread: http://www.riddledtv.com/forums/sony-kv-27ts27-distorted-no-sound-t456,highlight,sony.html so with that said I to don't really care if I have SAP either, but it would be nice to have stereo sound.

So with that said, if I were to do do fix like the above link of replacing the caps then I should have a stereo TV again, right?

P.S.

The only way for me to get really any kind of sound from it is if I put the TV in SAP mode and use the VCR as the sound source. But even then it is still not stereo and the sound only comes from the left speaker when looking at the screen. Other wise if I just try and watch the TV without going through the jacks the sound is distoreted with a whinning sound and again the sound only comes through the left speaker while the right has very little sound at all.

I know that the speakers are fine as I can play and here my 360 just fine from both speakers when using the jacks on the back of the TV.

Thanks in advance for any all help or verification of said problem.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, I'd do that trick with the caps. Have you found the audio board like in the picture?
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please note that the capacitors on that board are installed using silver solder and are difficult to replace. You will have to use a much higher temperature and even then it is not easy.

Good Luck

Jesse
Dark Angel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have located the board, darn thing is tiny. I will let you know how it goes from here once I have replaced all of the 4.7uF50v caps.

Much appreciated!!! Also thanks for the tip on the silver being used. I have a 30w iron that I will be using, it is of the self tinning type.
Dark Angel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is this how you guy's are doing it?

Quote: If you want to bypass the "module for a test": Remove from set and replace with 2 caps (4.7 UF,50 V) put + of each capacitor on pin 12, and the negative leads on pin 10 and pin 11. This will feed audio into both left & right channels, however you will not have SAP available."

Above taken from this article: http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/SonyAudMod.html

So I would remove the module completely and just put the caps at those pin locations?

Again thanks for all the help :)
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Dark Angel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I followed the above post and now I have sound from both speakers. Would the stereo light not come on because of the fix I did?

So now I would like to know what it is that I need to do in order to get rid of a color spot on the upper right hand part of my screen?

Anyone that has tried and had success at it working please chime in.

Again thanks for the help. :D :)
Dark Angel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok well I have fixed the color spots on my TV and now I couldn't be happier, well I could be once I order a new sound module for the TV, As for the time being I am very pleased.

Thanks for your time.
Dark Angel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:45 am    Post subject: Sound Reply with quote

Well an update.

The fix I did for the sound; I found out by doing further research that you lose all the function's of the sound as far as being able to adjust the bass, treble, balance etc...

Just wanted to update for those who do this fix.
Dark Angel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Same TV with new problem Reply with quote

Hello all, its me again.

So I have a new problem with the same TV. This time around, just recently the TV's color goes out on it to be all black and white when watching regular TV program's. Changing the TV channel on the HDTV box(note I have over the air broadcasts) and when changing the channel and leaving it on the color comes back granted that the color is off when this happens.

Now when I change the TV back to the channel I normally watch after awhile the color goes out again to be all black and white.

So I was wondering if someone here knows what the problem is and if it can be fixed. I have yet to see if this problem occurs while viewing anything through the AV jacks.

Any help or even a fix to the problem would be appreciated.

Thanks again for your time in this matter. Very Happy

[EDIT]Rather then a new thread I thought I would revive this one as it deals with the same TV.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try a VCR or another DTV box that outputs signal onto the same TV channel as your suspect box (which btw converts HiDefTV signal to rather low definition analog signal with wonderful MONOphonic sound - unless you use A/V jacks).

I'd vote for a new thread as TV repair is generally symptom to cure, rather than lifetime patient history, but if used correctly, "Search" should be able to locate either problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com