Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Sony KV-35S66 no tuning thru the coax    

liquidsocks

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Sony KV-35S66 no tuning thru the coax Reply with quote

Hi anyone have any ideas I just purchased this TV used. It has a 2 tuner PIP. I dont have the original remote. No matter what I try in the channel setup menu, I can't get any channels at all. I have just basic cable, nothing fancy, no converter box or anything. Do I have something set wrong in channel setup settings? One more thing, When I access the favorite channel menu, I can see a preview of the channel that I have selected in the lower left corner of the screen. Could the tuner be bad? Help, anyone, Thanks
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd suspect a bad tuner by what you describe. I would confirm it with another TV at that cable jack. I would also make sure the tuner itself is getting power from the voltage supply.
liquidsocks

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Sony KV-35S66 no tuning thru the coax Reply with quote

yeah thats what I was afraid of. It seems strange though that I am getting television channels to show up in the lower left corner of the screen thru the preview screen while in the favorites channel menu, so I know the signal is getting to the tv, but I am no expert, so I'll probrally have a technician look at it, Thanks
JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you may not know how to operate the television.
Try inputting a DVD playing a movie you recognize on A/V1 along with a cable signal and then put PIP through its paces. At some point you should be able to swap DVD and cable picture/audio.
Two tuner PIP usually have an "ANT A(1)" and a "Ant B(2)" coaxial input that you also must tell what to do. Cool
liquidsocks

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, yeah I wondered that myself, dont have an original remote so I cant access the pip, but I purchased one, so I'll see what happens when I get it thanks
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com