Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Sony KV32S40 CRT color problems.    

wadehavens

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 3:18 am    Post subject: Sony KV32S40 CRT color problems. Reply with quote

Hi there! I've been having problems with my Sony KV32S40 for some time now. At 1st the the standby light would blink for a long time and then finally after 1-2 minutes the TV would turn on, but the screen would blink on and off several times before finally stopping. After a few days of this I noticed the colors were no longer vibrant and there was more of a green tint than usual. Now, the TV turns on normally (only a few standby blinks) but the green tint is still there and the brightness is not as it should be.

I haven't tried any repairs on this TV as I really don't know where to start. I am hoping that someone can point me in the right direction towards repairing this TV.

Thanks,

Wade
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's hope you're better changing or rejuvenating CRTs (picture tube) then you are at using search functions. Neutral
wadehavens

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTS1957 wrote:
Let's hope you're better changing or rejuvenating CRTs (picture tube) then you are at using search functions. Neutral

Now thats not cool! I did search and did see similar problems but nothing having to do with color. There are only 3 posts about my model, and only a few tips and still nothing with the same problem I'm having. I searched all over the net, which is how I found this site, and yes there are a few that have had a similar problem, but not the same. Excuse me for wanting to be sure before I tossed the unit. maybe we got off on the wrong foot, or I'm taking this the wrong way, but it's attitudes like yours that brings people to distrust techs!

Thanks!
JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wadehavens wrote:
the standby light would blink for a long time and then finally after 1-2 minutes the TV would turn on, but the screen would blink on and off several times before finally stopping.

Classic symptom of a failing CRT, with or without a noticeable effect on colors/tints.Rolling Eyes

I've seen and rejuvenated literally hundreds of Sony's with bad tubes (usually don't last longer that another year or two).

Don't believe me. Do a search for 'Sony IK bias' (or IK balance) and see what turns up. Smile
wadehavens

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't question your skills or your knowledge. I trust that it's the picture tube that is going bad. What I didn't like is your assumption that I purposly wasted your time by being lazy and not searching. I always search and never ask a question unless I question the answers that I've found. In this case I wasn't sure and I wanted to be.
So thanks for your answer. I do appreciate your time.

-Wade
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com