Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Sony KV40XBR800 3 blinks then off    

thezman007

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Sony KV40XBR800 3 blinks then off Reply with quote

I picked this up from guy because it would blink 6 times over and over. So I googled it and found it was the same problem I had repaired in a 32" Trinitron before. I replaced the 2 common failure IC's with the newer chips, hooked it all back up, and now I get 3 blinks and then it powers down. Is this a hold down circuit issue? I am not a tech, but have repaired several TVs now thanks to google, you guys, and common sense. Hoping to replace my 27" RCA with this bad boy Smile

Thanks guys and gals Very Happy
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Rockstar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a tech, but in the service manual 3 blinks in the service manual say
Diagnostic Item
Low +B Overvoltage (OVP)

No. of times STANDBY /TIMER lamp flashes
3 times

Probable Cause Location
• IC6505 is faulty. (D Board) IC6505 Part # SE-140N

Detected Symptoms
• Has entered standby mode.

IC6505
Pin Volts
1 134.4
2 15.4
3 GND
thezman007

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your quick reply, srry mine took so long. IC6505 has been replaced with no change. My solder work has been checked and looks good with no bridges.

Unfortunately, I believe those pin voltages are for when the set is operating normally. I do not get those voltages. There is no change in voltage to those pins on IC6505 when set is powered up. At least not that I can see, though I have a digital meter, so I guess that my be why.

5v standby is ok. I have the schematic. Can anyone give me a few steps to check to narrow down the problem? e.g. check voltage at "X", verify such and such ohms on RXXX, etc. I am happy to do the work and check back in Very Happy

The Z man

PS If overvoltage is the problem what if I brought it up with lamp dimmer ( I don't have a variac). I hear that helps some people... Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com