Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Sony Trinitron KV-25XBR picture problems    

AnthonyR

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Sony Trinitron KV-25XBR picture problems Reply with quote

Sony 25"
Model KV-25XBR

Just got this T.V. today from a garage sale for free. The only problem seems to be with the color of the picture. When I was at the garage sale they had it hooked up to a DVD player and you could see the movie but it was very dark and had a red tint to it. When the previous owner hit the side of the T.V. the picture would look perfect for half a second before returning dark red. I really want to bring this T.V. back to life but I have no idea where to start. Any help would greatly appreciated, thank you.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like the infamous Sony TVs that were designed to disable your picture when they felt it was no longer good enough.

You can try turning up the screen voltage, or rejuvenating the CRT.
If you're real adventurous you can try this: http://www.nesda-ohio.com/iwaynet/pubhtml/June03/June0311.html
JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole idea behind the Kine Bias was to blank the picture (to black). The OP reports "you could see the movie but it was very dark and had a red tint to it."

Acting more like a bad solder joint or loose connection, especially if you can STILL hit the side of the set and restore proper operation for half a second.
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good call. I stand corrected.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com