Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Sony Trinitron KV30HS420    

eddieb12

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Sony Trinitron KV30HS420 Reply with quote

Gentlemen - Please help me. I have the above model tv, and it turns off randomly. Typically when you change the channel, but it seems like it auto shuts off like some kind of built in safety switch. I took it to a repair man and he wanted to charge me $245 to repair, but would not explain what was wrong with it. I feel like I am being ripped off. Is this a fair price to fix the problem?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't say you're definitely getting ripped off. But I personally feel that any repair place should tell you what the problem is before they fix it for you. I hope you haven't had to pay a diagnostic fee if they aren't willing to tell you the diagnosis.

Any repair guys out there think I'm out of line?
We certainly don't expect that kind of behavior when we take our cars in to repair.

when it shuts off does the LED on the front have any specific number of blinks?
eddieb12

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to say that it blinks 5 or 6 times, but I can't remember. Once I get the TV back today, I will check. It shuts off, and you can turn it back on. Once it starts this it will only stay on for a short while and then it shuts down. I don't mind paying to fix, I just have no clue of a range to pay.
eddieb12

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot....I did pay $32 for them to diagnose. I do feel like the little old lady who brings the car in for an oil change, and ends up paying for replacing the thingamagig that is leaking next to the cross functioning fubar ram.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com