Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Soyo GVNL3268AB Turns Itself Off    

sdherold

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Soyo GVNL3268AB Turns Itself Off Reply with quote

I own a Soyo LCD TV, model number GVNL3268AB. The name on the front is GO.Video
I've had it about 5 years and never had any problems until recently.
Now it wants to turn itself off.
If I turn it on in the evening, it may stay on for 5-20 minutes and then it turns itself off for no apparent reason.
If I turn it right back on, it will only stay on for a few seconds before it turns itself off again.
Could this be a case of something getting overheated and being turned off to protect against damage?
Any hints or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdherold wrote:
If I turn it on in the evening, it may stay on for 5-20 minutes and then it turns itself off for no apparent reason.

Does this imply that it behaves differently in the mornings and the afternoons? Confused
sdherold

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Soyo TV Turns Itself Off Reply with quote

Ha. I wish it were that interesting.
The comment about turning it on in the evening only implies that it is not warm from recent use.
Thanks for your interest in my problem. Any constructive ideas?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com