Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
SR3547RK won't switch on.    

coupeute

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: SR3547RK won't switch on. Reply with quote

Zenith SR3547RK manufactured date 1995. It has been a very good TV but all of a sudden,
it will not switch on with or with out the remote.

I checked the power outlet with a lamp and no problem there. Tomorrow I will remove the
back cover and check for an open in the power chord.

Is this a common problem ? Thanks for your help.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coupeute wrote:
the power chord.

A chord in music is any harmonic set of two or more notes that is heard as if sounding simultaneously.

A power cord, line cord, or mains cable is a cable that temporarily connects an appliance to the mains electricity supply via a wall socket or extension cord.

Common problem? 'bout as common as an LCD TV who's screen lights up for an instant and then goes dark, but the sound still plays.

If what you've stated is the extent of your electronic testing capabilities, you will need to have it looked at professionally.
coupeute

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thank you for bringing the spelling mistake to my attention. I apologize for wasting your time with my limited knowledge and electronic testing abilities. I know that you have more important things to do with you time than to be replying to threads made by us mere mortals.
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's somewhat common. link included.
coupeute

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Kuhurdler for the link. Hopefully it maybe something simple like a fuse replacement or soldering job. I believe I have the technology and ability to operate a soldering iron. Smile I'll let you know how it turns out.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com