Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
SVA VR-30 LCD TV Analog RGB Searching    

tdubs

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: SVA VR-30 LCD TV Analog RGB Searching Reply with quote

Hello,

I just received an SVA VR-30 LCD TV from a friend of mine & it's apparently not working. I turn it on, and a box comes up with an info icon saying "Analog RGB Searching". I am not a TV expert and have been looking for a repair forum for TV's where someone could possibly guide me to the proper place in getting this fixed.

Is it worth fixing without costing a fortune, or throw it out? It's still in excellent condition, just that warning.

Thank you!
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get the owner's manual out. I think you will find that more than just plugging it into an electrical outlet is required to operate the set.
tdubs

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTS1957 wrote:
Get the owner's manual out. I think you will find that more than just plugging it into an electrical outlet is required to operate the set.

Unfortunately there wasn't one given to me when it was dropped off.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/sva-vr-30-30/4505-6482_7-30833329.html

The year stamps of reviews should be helpful.
Set should be able to receive whatever low-power analog stations remain in your area and if your cable suppliers offer the correct adaptors you should be able to tune some of their channels.

A set-top box that outputs any of the following would also be helpful in obtaining channels.
VGA (HD-15)
S-Video,
Composite,
Component
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com