Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Sylvania LC370SL8 won't turn on   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  

TonyC1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Sylvania LC370SL8 won't turn on Reply with quote

I saw from another forum that it is likely the part labeled FNR G31D R2.5-4M AC 125v (what does R2.5-4M designate??

I asked the sylvania parts dept - they sent me the list of parts - I don't see it. The other site described it as a surger protection CAP - the parts list does include a surger part called - SA502# SURGE ABSORBER 470V+-10PER NVQZ10D471KB - do you tink they are the same? :?: [/img]
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resistor 2.5 to 4 megohm.
TonyC1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: This part reads 3.25 MOhms Reply with quote

Does this mean it is ok? Others have pointed to this being the source of not starting - it didn't seem to be getting current - any idea what feeds it - I can't find another part that is not hot when plugged in - on it seems not to be receiving power.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The part you inquired about is usually used for isolation.

For your set to work it must have certain voltages present.
TonyC1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Replaced part above still will not turn on - any suggestions Reply with quote

I replaced the part discussed above - still will not turn on. Not sounds at all - all boards & components seem hot but still no go.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Replaced part above still will not turn on - any suggest Reply with quote

TonyC1 wrote:
I replaced the part discussed above - still will not turn on. Not sounds at all - all boards & components seem hot but still no go.

Do you have Raw B-Plus and stand-by supplies?

You say "all boards and components seem hot but still no go" ... like set is running normally, on, let's say an external input?
TonyC1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: No special tools - amateur at work here Reply with quote

I have my good old noncontact voltage detector pen. I have been lucky enough to get the info I needed to fix my other tvs here before but this newfangled tv looks like its going to be a bit tougher - shame is I only have had it for about 14 months. Itwas working - left the room came back & it was dead :(
TonyC1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Pictures of boards Reply with quote

I am hoping these picts will help someone describe which component to focus on for repair. Note a bold letter next to each pict to ref -Thanks
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
TonyC1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: Last call for help Reply with quote

I guess this one goes to the dump....bummer :cry:
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony,

I have read, with interest, this posting. Consider this. JTS1957 tried to help. However, if you do not answer specific questions with specific answers there is no one who can help.

Jesse

Quote:
Do you have Raw B-Plus and stand-by supplies?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com