Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Sylvania LCD HDTV with overbright picture    

telcoguy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:28 pm    Post subject: Sylvania LCD HDTV with overbright picture Reply with quote

I have a 37" Sylvania LD370SC8-S LCD TV. The colors are very bright. A black bar in my color bar pattern is light grey. The picture adjustments help a little but they cannot bring the over-brightness to a reasonable level. The colors look like pastels. I think the backlight inverter might be bad because I got a nasty shock when my knuckle touched a fairly large heat sink that cools a 3-leg device on that board. I don't think a heat sink should be energized. The video and audio are good except for the brightness. I am looking at a replacement board for about $50+shipping. Can someone let me know if they think the backlight inverter can cause black to look grey and other colors to look pastel? Thanks for any ideas
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

telcoguy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: Here are pictures of the Sylvania LD370SC8-S video Reply with quote

http://s1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc438/telcoguy/?action=view&current=DSC04765.jpg

http://s1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc438/telcoguy/?action=view&current=DSC04766.jpg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2015 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com